Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Information is beautiful

Getting a total kick out of this website: http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/! Information really is a shocking, horrible, incredible, beautiful thing. Ok, being a little hyperbolic here, but it's pretty great!

Take, for example, this log of phrases on google that come up when you type "How do I get my girlfriend to..." Oh, gender relations. Most of them were to be expected but I couldn't help but get a tiny bit bleary-eyed over "trust me again" or "forgive me". Sociocultural gender normative roles are fun!





And HA. How... expected. For any boys out there looking to try internet dating, I highly recommend borrowing your buddy's golden retriever.






And ooooh, Beatles kaleidoscope. Makes me want to get out my Beatles records and see if I can recognize whatever the heck a diatonic scale sounds like. Help? Also I have to listen to Revolver again. That kaleidoscope/icon is particularly beautiful!


These were just the most "cutesy" ones I could find. Many are quite chilling. All beautiful!

2 comments:

LadyElectron said...

just goes to show, you can graph whatever you put your mind to!

-emily

Ed Choy Moorman said...

the beatles image link is broken.